CINDIE CPA Firm CONTACT US 联系信息: Address: 200 Centennial Avenue, Suite 106, Piscataway, NJ 08854 Phone: (732) 896-0272 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
For 2021 and 2022 only, businesses can generally deduct the full cost of business-related food and beverages purchased from a restaurant. Otherwise, the limit is usually 50% of the cost of the meal.
To qualify for the enhanced deduction:
- The business owner or an employee of the business must be present when food or beverages are provided.
- Meals must be from restaurants, which includes businesses that prepare and sell food or beverages to retail customers for immediate on-premises or off-premises consumption.
- Payment or billing for the food and beverages occurs after December 31, 2020, and before January 1, 2023.
- The expense cannot be lavish or extravagant.
Grocery stores, convenience stores and other businesses that mostly sell pre-packaged goods not for immediate consumption, do not qualify as restaurants. Employers may not treat certain employer-operated eating facilities as restaurants, even if they operate under contract by a third party.
Business owners need to know about certain costs:
- The cost of the meal can include taxes and tips.
- The cost of transportation to and from the meal isn’t part of the cost of a business meal.
Business owners may be able to deduct the costs of meals and beverages provided during an entertainment event if either of these apply:
- the purchase of the food and beverages occurs separately from the entertainment
- the cost of the food and beverages is separate from the cost of the entertainment on one or more bills, invoices, or receipts.
仅在 2021 年和 2022 年，企业通常可以扣除从餐厅购买的与业务相关的食品和饮料的全部费用。否则，限额通常为餐费的 50%。
食品和饮料的付款或计费发生在 2020 年 12 月 31 日之后和 2023 年 1 月 1 日之前。
娱乐活动 – 如果满足以下任一条件，企业主可以扣除娱乐活动期间提供的餐饮费用：